Black forest entremet

I made this entremet for my father's birthday. He likes cakes that are moist and chocolaty.
That's why I made a light and delicious chocolate dacquoise cake for the bottom part. The main element was a fluffy dark chocolate mousee. For the traditional black forest taste I made a sour cherry jelly and Kirsh namelaka. The combination of chocolate and those two elements made this entremet a true black forest experience. 



I'm not going to write the recipe since you can find it in Antonio Bachour's book Chocolate.

Since I absolutely love the decoration I made for this dessert, I'm going to share the recipe for the red wafer that garnishes this entremet.

For the red wafer:
  • 80g water
  • 30g vegetable oil
  • 10g all-purpose flour
  • pinch of salt
  • red food coloring
Mix all the ingredients, heat a non-stick frying pan without oil. Pour a tablespoon of mixture in the pan. Cook for a few minutes until you don't see the bubbles. remove for the pan and drain on a paper towel.

Use scissors to cut the wafers into desired shapes. Store them in airtight containers until ready to garnish.

I hope you find some inspiration from this dessert and feel free to comment or share you own creations.


  

Comments

Popular Posts